NEW FOR 2016 – THE CONNEMARA TRIATHLON
SWIM BETWEEN SOARING MOUNTAINS IN KILLARY FJORD, CYCLE ALONG THE UNSPOILED COASTLINE & RUN WITHIN THE DEEP VALLEYS OF CONNEMARA
TOP 5 HIGHLIGHTS OF THE COURSE – CONNEMARA TRIATHLON:
1. Killary Fjord: you will get to swim in it, run alongside it and cycle around it. Magnificent!
2. The roads: while they may not be motorway-smooth they will however never bore you. As you cycle or run you will be looking forward to what can be seen around the next bend
3. Mountains: they are literally everywhere you look, like a really well-made backdrop! But don’t worry you will not be asked to climb any of them.
4. Fresh and clean: there will be no need to wonder at what lies beneath during the swim. You have just the pure, unspoilt waters of the Atlantic Ocean mixed with Connemara rain all around you.
5. Connemara: make a weekend out of it or just bring family and friends and have a day out.
THE OLYMPIC ROUTE
The race starts at Nancy’s Point on the shores of Killary Fjord approximately 3km from Leenane village. Competitors will enter the water and swim the 1.5km looped course in the deep waters of the Fjord.
The looped cycle will start from Nancy’s Point and will follow sealed tarmac roads on a stunning route along the side of the Fjord before turning right and passing Lough Fee and Lough Muc to the coastline. The road continues past Glassilaun beach and through Lettergesh into the village of Tullycross and from there to Letterfrack. The return journey is via Kylemore with the Twelve Bens mountains soaring up alongside the road to bring competitors back to the starting point.
The run begins again at Nancy’s Point and follows the road overlooking the Fjord in the direction of Leenane village. Competitors will run through the picturesque village and continue in the direction of Maam. The return run sees the race finish in the centre of Leenane Village.
THE SPRINT ROUTE
The race starts at Nancy’s Point on the shores of Killary Fjord approximately 3km from Leenane village. Competitors will enter the water and swim the 750m looped course in the deep green waters of the Fjord.
The cycle will follow sealed tarmac roads on a stunning route along the side of the Fjord before turning right and passing Lough Fee and to the midway point at Lough Muc where competitors will turn and make their way back to the starting point.
Competitors will run from Nancy’s Point through the picturesque village of Leenane in the direction of Maam. The finish line is on the return into the centre of Leenane village.
Full event details available here http://gaelforceevents.com/en/connemara-triathlon-info
Register here http://gaelforceevents.com/en/web/register?group=12
Course details and maps here http://gaelforceevents.com/en/connemara-triathlon-course
Contact Us email@example.com