A very welcome newcomer, the good people of Clifden will watch the sun rise on behalf of Pieta House on May 9th. Surrounded by rugged mountains and breathtaking scenery, the coastal town in the heart of Connemara was the landing spot for Alcock and Vickers after their journey from Newfoundland. Darkness Into Light, although shorter in distance, will be no less significant in importance.
Starts at The Town Hall > turn right, follow this road, keeping left at the first junction > continue on the Sky Road passing the Abbey Glen Castle > turn left at Clifden Castle entrance > remain on the Sky Road until you reach the Beach Road > continue on the Beach Road, passing the harbour and play ground > Main Street > before finishing back at the Town Hall.
1. You MUST print your receipt and bring it on the morning to pick up your t-shirt.
2. Late registration on the morning does not guarantee a t-shirt.
3. Please arrive by 4am. Please also allow time for parking.
4. Bring your torch.
5. Please respect traffic wardens and follow any instructions on arrival.
6. Please place any litter in bins provided.
7. There will be no storage for personal items during event, so please come ready to walk/run.