West of Ireland/Connemara: Overview
Why go hiking in West of Ireland / Connemara?
USA Walkers: Book Now & Save $$$! With the US Dollar close to parity with the Euro, NOW is the time to book your West of Ireland / Connemara walking trip!
- From Irish music sessions to thatched cottages and turf-cutting in Connemara, take yourself back to an Ireland of times gone by
- Explore dramatic landscapes that have inspired great writers such as Oscar Wilde and WB Yeats
- Visit a secret church built by Saint Patrick in the 5th Century and walk along an old road built during the Great Famine of 1846-52
- Tours from €459 per person
- Choose Gentle, Moderate or Challenging Hikes
- 12 different itineraries to suit all abilities
- Terrain: Moorland, bog roads, mountain paths and forestry tracks. Rugged in parts. Regular asphalt hiking on quiet roads. Parts of the route can be very wet and boggy, particularly after periods of rain.
- Start anytime from Mar-Oct
- Waymarking: Very good. Except Aran Islands. Detailed notes provided.
West of Ireland/Connemara: What You Said!
“The landscape of Connemara is so beautiful, the silence, the different “greens” of nature: marvellous. We also liked the cosy pubs in the evening, the food and the music. Everything was well organized by Hillwalk Ireland, we never had to worry about anything. And we were lucky with the weather…”
Ortrun Kliche & Dagmar Brosey, Koeln, Germany – West Ireland/Connemara 8-Day Moderate Hiking Tour
“I’m back home after 5 days walks in West-Ireland. It was absolutely amazing. Except one day where the weather was very bad, I had a sunny week with temperatures around 16 to 18 degrees (Celsius), which was very comfortable for walking. All walks were very well prepared. Your route explanations were very easy to follow and it was good to have the maps, but not essential. The quality of the B&B’s was very high and all meetings (taxi or B&B owners) for pick-ups have been respected. I also eat very well every day. In one word: to do again!”
Eric Justus, Luxembourg – West Ireland/Connemara 7-Day Moderate Hiking Tour
“We wanted to go walking during our honeymoon so we explored internet. We visited a dutch site and your site. As the contact with you by mail was much nicer than with the dutch compagny, we’ve decided to book the trip and the extra days afterwards with Hillwalk Ireland. It was more than great.”
Joost & Emma van Roosmalen, Hertogenbosch, Netherlands – West Ireland/Connemara 7-Day Challenging Hiking Tour
“We had a marvellous holiday in Ireland, it was everything we hoped for. Anthony did a great job! The landscape in Connemara is breathtaking, the walks were generally very well described and waymarked and we had a great time in the guesthouses. We were very lucky with the weather, had a good time in the pubs (among which those recommended by Hillwalk Ireland), met nice people, enjoyed the food and also the live music. It was a very enjoyable holiday indeed.”
Jan van Deursen & Marianne Blijleven, Malden, The Netherlands – West Ireland/Connemara 10-Day Gentle Hiking Tour